Time is continuously changing and every new technology gets replaced with the older one. Everyone likes to be entertained with new, innovative, and facilitative products but kids can be fantasized with them as if they have entered an entirely different world. Gadgets have always been a center of attention for kids. Smartwatches For Kids are rising and helping parents to understand their daily activity. TheThey enjoy and get amazed by different upgrading features in the technological world.
Smartwatches have already become the next big thing which is an incredibly genius invention that is portable and convenient. They come with many different features and functions and you can install and uninstall apps on them to maximize the fun and overall experience of the owner. If we are talking about smartwatches for kids then there are many different models and companies manufacturing them providing many different features and price ranges to accommodate the needs of the customers.
Parents always look for what is best for their kids and therefore if you want to buy a smartwatch for your kid you might want to do your research first because when looking for products for kids you can mistake a toy for the real thing which usually isn’t worth much.
Benefits of Smartwatches for Kids:
- Smartwatches are the new gadget that everyone whether youngsters or adults have their eyes on. The owners of a smartwatch can explain how they make your day-to-day life easier. They are just like smartphones in many ways, just smaller and more convenient and can be strapped onto your arm. Some parents are hesitant to get their kids a smartphone at a young age.
- A smartwatch would be the best option for such concerned parents because they can have Internet access and stay in touch with them even by connecting their smartphones to their kids’ smartwatches. They are also a lot cheaper and they probably won’t lose their smartwatches as they are bound to their wrists when they have them with them. Kids might not be smart or mature enough to own the responsibility of a smartphone but their parents would want to stay in touch with them in case of emergencies. In this case, a smartwatch might just be the thing you are looking for.
- Smartwatches for kids have a lot of beneficial features, a lot of positive applications like academic games that they can learn a lot from, they have GPS enabled in them so that their parents can know their location when they want to.
- Most smartwatches allow two ways, so just a channel between children and parents can be established easily to call them at any time. Even for children that are not so young, a smartwatch might be a great investment. They have calendars, heart rate and step counters and stopwatches, and timers that can be very convenient for older kids and teens. They might have some setbacks like kids wasting time on them but the pros outweigh the cons.
- Alsom affordable kids smartwatch are one of the major benefit for choosing the right once for the budget. So it doesnt matter if the price is high, but the features and service need to be good.
Difference Between Smartwatch vs. Fitness Trackers:
Smartwatches and fitness trackers are different devices when it comes to their function.
- Smartwatches have way more features than a fitness band or fitness tracker
- A smartwatch has applications, games, GPS, Bluetooth, two-way calls, and many other features h
- A fitness tracker is only used to stay up-to-date on your fitness goals and nothing more while a smartwatch has many more features and options.
How To Choose Best smartwatches for Kids:
Many factors should be looked into before buying a smartwatch for your kid and they have been listed based on its cool features below:
- A smartwatch should not be difficult to use, it should be convenient and easy to use so that your help isn’t needed by your kid again and again as it might be quite frustrating. Larger easily visible buttons and screens are easier for kids to use.
- Many smartwatches that come with fitness apps are preferable and might be great for pre-teens and teens. The apps contain heart rate trackers, step trackers, and sleep-wake tracker applications that can be great for the health of your kid. Some of them even have health tasks and challenges like doing a certain number of steps or staying active for a certain number of minutes a day which can push your kids’ health-wise.
- Smartwatches can come with or without games in them, if you want your child to be able to stay entertained in their free time then consider buying one with games already installed but if you don’t want your child to be distracted by one without the games and distracting apps.
- The battery life of your smartwatch should belong so that you don’t have to charge it multiple times only to last for a few hours. It can be very annoying if it dies after a little while.
- Make sure when you buy a smartwatch for your kid it’s for their age, smartwatches made for toddlers aren’t going to be a great device for older kids, and ones made for older kids will be hard to use for youngsters.
- The best smartwatch for kids will be the one that has GPS features built into them. You can track where your kids are and where they have been. It’s easily connected to your smartphone to see where your kid has been and you can add boundaries in which your child can stay and u can get alerts when those boundaries are crossed.
- When buying a smartwatch for kids keep in mind how they need to be good quality and durable and should be shock and waterproof because kids can easily break and destroy gadgets.
- One of the most important features is an SOS button that can be pushed for a certain amount of time to send and receive messages to the enlisted emergency contacts.
- A two-way call connection is the main feature you need to be looking for, a channel established between parents and kid’s devices for calls and messages.
15 Best kids’ smartwatches list:
Check out below our list of best smartwatch for kids 2021 and you will be suprised with their unique features like voice recorder, alarm clock, step counter, screentime, voice messages, learnging games, and more healthy habbits features.
It is a smartwatch designed for kids of age 4 to 12 and it has a fitness tracker, a great camera that can turn, a port and mp3 player and some fun games as well. But its battery lasts only 24 hours and insuring the SD card in it is quite difficult for a kid. This is one of the best Smartwatches For Kids that you can buy now.
This one is designed for kids from 4 to 9 years of age. It has a great camera, installed games, features like stopwatches and calculators and is shock and waterproof. But the setbacks are that it is very big and there aren’t a lot of parent control features on it.
Children of age 4 to 12 will like this one. The GPS feature is one of the best. A 2-way call channel is available with the feature of being able to save important contacts. It has quite a few games, an excellent camera, and good parental control safety features. You can also enable do not disturb mode and emergency calls as it is equipped with SOS.
It is ideal for a child between 4 to 10 years old. It has the feature of two-way calls. A great camera to take photos and an mp3 player to play music and a 1GB memory card are available with it. It has many fun games as well as apps like stopwatches, timers, also colorful smartwatch, and other extra features.
It is made for kids 6 years and older. It has an excellent fitness tracker with step goals daily that are specifically made for kids to keep them on their feet. It is a waterproof gadget with parental control but its straps are very weak. This is best for actibity tracking, sleep monitor and other helpful tackers for kids included.
This model has a battery life of up to 2 weeks and a good camera for photos and videos. It’s waterproof and comes with many different features like alarms, touch screen controls, stopwatch, calendar, and inbuilt games, etc.
This smartwatch has a long battery life of 2 weeks and has a lot of apps and games but doesn’t have GPS and isn’t water-resistant it has a great camera and up to 50 different types of clock settings for visuals.
This model has built-in GPS and is waterproof with a battery life of up to 24 hours. It has the classical Disney designs with a call feature and a good camera and many features for protection and monitoring but it requires a monthly subscription and is a bulky device and the battery life isn’t very long.
It is a gizmo watch with highly exciting features. It is waterproof with a battery life of 1 year but doesn’t have GPS and has your kids’ favorite Marvel and Disney characters and has parental control and huge battery life but kids can grow tired of the design and the screen is not bright enough
10. Apple Watch SE
This one has GPS Inbuilt and is waterproof with a battery life of 1 day and is suitable for kids or older ages like pre-teens and teens. It is a good device with a clear screen and fitness trackers but is expensive and has trouble connecting to android phones.
This model is very reliable and is waterproof with an amazing battery life of up to 1 year. It has great parental control features and many games and other apps. But more brands are needed if u want to get more games on the device. This smartwatch is also counted in gizmo watches with upgraded technology.
12. Xplora XGO2
This one has an Inbuilt GPS with a battery life of up to 3 days and is waterproof. It has a camera and two-way calls along with many helpful features. Its instruction manual might seem unclear to most and this smartwatch is only suitable for younger kids.
13. Fitbit ACE
It has a fitness tracker, waterproof body, and a long battery life of up to 5 days and u can easily be connected to your smartphone and is economical but the design isn’t ideal for a child. It is not hard to operate for the kids of the respective ages but one setback is that names of contacts cannot be saved on it they appear as contact 1 and contact 2 and not the names
14. Fitbit ACE 3
It has a fitness tracker that keeps you on your toes and is water-resistant. It has a long battery life of nearly 8 days and the straps are overall good quality and comfortable. There aren’t a lot of games on this model and the screen is black and white not led.
It has calls and messages enabled on it. It is waterproof and has a battery life of up to 8 days and comes with excellent GPS and parental control features. It is best in its business. It can be very useful in different ways. It is the most cheap smartwatch for kids to buy now.
Parent Safety concerns:
It is believed that smartwatches emit electromagnetic radiation that can be harmful to kids’ health and can cause illnesses like migraines or headaches but continuous exposure can sometimes cause serious effects like problems related to the reproductive system.
Most of the companies that manufacture smartwatches do not accept these researches and call them false allegations. According to them, it is nothing but an attempt to damage their name in the markets all around the world.
How To Set Up GPS Smartwatches for Kids:
To set up GPS smartwatches for the kids you need to follow the following steps given below:
- You need to download the GPS application on the parents’ smartphone from the app store and the Bluetooth might need to be turned on to establish a connection. It does more than just fitness tracking for kids.
- The app that you have downloaded needs to be launched and you need to register your devices and accounts.
- Search via Bluetooth for the smartwatch and then click on the name of the device you want to connect to and you’ll be connected.
After listing and discussing the pros and cons and all the related information it is safe to assume that smartwatches are great devices for kids and teens that can be very helpful and convenient both for parents and children and can not only keep you in touch with your kids or parents but also provide many fun and useful features. What smartwatch is ideal for your kid depends on your needs, what features you want and how much you would like to spend on a device.
Smartwatches for kids can be very positive for your kids to keep them entertained and to keep you connected to them and keep them in safe zones. Many companies are manufacturing and selling them and they come in many different models and anyone can find their preference with a little research.