Time continuously changes, and every new technology replaces the older one. Everyone likes to be entertained with new, innovative, and facilitative products, but kids can be fantasized about them as if they have entered an entirely different world. Gadgets have always been the centre of attention for kids. Smartwatches For Kids are rising and helping parents to understand their daily activities. They enjoy and get amazed by different upgrading features in the technological world.
Smartwatches have already become the next big thing, an incredibly genius invention that is portable and convenient. They come with many different features and functions, and you can install and uninstall apps on them to maximize the fun and overall experience of the owner. If we are talking about smartwatches for kids, many different models and companies manufacture them, providing many different features and price ranges to accommodate the customers’ needs.
Parents always look for what is best for their kids, and therefore, if you want to buy a smartwatch for your kid, you might want to do your research first because when looking for products for kids, you can mistake a toy for the real thing, which usually isn’t worth much.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Benefits of Smartwatches for Kids:
- 2 How To Choose The Best smartwatches for Kids:
- 3 15 Best kids’ Smartwatch List:
- 3.1 1. PROGRACE Kids’ Smartwatch
- 3.2 2. VTech Kidizoom Smartwatch DX
- 3.3 3. Themoemoe Kids’ Smartwatch
- 3.4 4. Karaforna Kids’ Game Smartwatch Phone
- 3.5 5. Fitbit Ace 2 Activity Tracker for Kids
- 3.6 6. VTech Star Wars BB-8 Smartwatch
- 3.7 7. VTech KidiZoom Smartwatch DX2
- 3.8 8. Vodafone Neo Smart Kids Watch
- 3.9 9. Garmin Vivo fit JR 3
- 3.10 10. Apple Watch SE
- 3.11 11. Garmin Vivo fit JR 2
- 3.12 12. Xplora XGO2
- 3.13 13. Fitbit ACE
- 3.14 14. Fitbit ACE 3
- 3.15 15. Tencent Kids Smartwatch
- 3.16 Parent Safety Concerns:
- 4 How To Set Up GPS Smartwatches for Kids:
- 5 Conclusion:
Benefits of Smartwatches for Kids:
- Smartwatches are the new gadget that everyone, whether youngsters or adults, have their eyes on. Smartwatch owners can explain how they make your day-to-day life easier. They are like smartphones in many ways; smaller and more convenient and can be strapped onto your arm. Some parents hesitate to get their kids a smartphone at a young age.
- A smartwatch would be the best option for such concerned parents because they can have Internet access and stay in touch with them even by connecting their smartphones to their kids’ smartwatches. They are also a lot cheaper, and they probably won’t lose their smartwatches as they are bound to their wrists when they have them with them. Kids might not be wise or mature enough to own the responsibility of a smartphone, but their parents would want to stay in touch with them in case of emergencies. In this case, a smartwatch might be what you are looking for.
- Smartwatches for kids have many beneficial features and positive applications like academic games that they can learn a lot from; they have GPS enabled in them so that their parents can know their location when they want to.
- Most smartwatches allow two ways, so a channel between children and parents can be established quickly to call them anytime. A smartwatch might be a significant investment even for children not so young. They have calendars, heart rate and step counters, stopwatches, and convenient timers for older kids and teens. They might have some setbacks, like kids wasting time on them, but the pros outweigh the cons.
- Also, affordable kids’ smartwatches are one of the significant benefits of choosing the right one for the budget. So it doesn’t matter if the price is high, but the features and service must be good.
Difference Between Smartwatch vs Fitness Trackers:
Smartwatches and fitness trackers are different devices when it comes to their function.
- Smartwatches have way more features than fitness bands or fitness trackers.
- A smartwatch has applications, games, GPS, Bluetooth, two-way calls, and many other features h
- A fitness tracker is only used to stay up-to-date on your fitness goals and nothing more, while a smartwatch has many more features and options.
How To Choose The Best smartwatches for Kids:
Many factors should be looked into before buying a smartwatch for your kid, and they have been listed based on its cool features below:
- A smartwatch should not be difficult to use; it should be convenient and easy to use so that your help isn’t needed by your kid again and again, as it might be pretty frustrating. More significant, easily visible buttons and screens are easier for kids to use.
- Smartwatches with fitness apps are preferable and might be great for pre-teens and teens. The apps contain heart rate trackers, step trackers, and sleep-wake tracker applications that can be great for your kid’s health. Some of them even have health tasks and challenges like doing a certain number of steps or staying active for a certain number of minutes a day which can push your kids health-wise.
- Smartwatches can come with or without games. Want your child to stay entertained in their free time? Consider buying one with installed games, but if you don’t want your child distracted by one without the games and distracting apps.
- Your smartwatch’s battery life should belong so you don’t have to charge it multiple times, only to last a few hours. It can be very annoying if it dies after a little while.
- Make sure when you buy a smartwatch for your kid it’s for their age; smartwatches made for toddlers aren’t going to be excellent devices for older kids, and ones made for older kids will be hard to use for youngsters.
- The best smartwatch for kids will be the one that has GPS features built into them. You can track where your kids are and where they have been. It’s easily connected to your smartphone to see where your kid has been, and you can add boundaries in which your child can stay and get alerts when those boundaries are crossed.
- When buying a smartwatch for kids, remember that it needs to be good quality and durable and should be shock and waterproof because kids can easily break and destroy gadgets.
- One of the most important features is an SOS button that can be pushed to send and receive messages to the enlisted emergency contacts for a certain amount of time.
- A two-way call connection is the main feature you need to look for, a channel established between parents’ and kids’ devices for calls and messages.
15 Best kids’ Smartwatch List:
Check out below our list of best smartwatch for kids 2021 and you will be surprised with their unique features like voice recorder, alarm clock, step counter, screentime, voice messages, learning games, and more healthy habits features.
It is a smartwatch designed for kids of age 4 to 12 and it has a fitness tracker, a great camera that can turn, a port and mp3 player and some fun games. But its battery lasts only 24 hours, and ensuring the SD card in it is pretty tricky for a kid. This is one of the best Smartwatches For Kids you can buy now.
This one is designed for kids from 4 to 9 years of age. It has a great camera, installed games, features like stopwatches and calculators and is shock and waterproof. But the setbacks are that it is very big and there aren’t a lot of parent control features on it.
Children of age 4 to 12 will like this one. The GPS feature is one of the best. A 2-way call channel is available with the feature of being able to save essential contacts. It has several games, an excellent camera, and good parental control safety features. You can also enable do not disturb mode and emergency calls as it is equipped with SOS.
It is ideal for a child between 4 to 10 years old. It has the feature of two-way calls. A great camera to take photos and an mp3 player to play music and a 1GB memory card are available with it. It has many fun games and apps like stopwatches, timers, colourful smartwatches, and other extra features.
It is made for kids 6 years and older. It has an excellent fitness tracker with step goals daily that are specifically made for kids to keep them on their feet. It is a waterproof gadget with parental control, but its straps are very weak. This is best for activity tracking, sleep monitoring and other helpful tackers for kids.
This model has a battery life of up to 2 weeks and a good camera for photos and videos. It’s waterproof and comes with many features like alarms, touchscreen controls, a stopwatch, a calendar, and inbuilt games.
This smartwatch has a long battery life of 2 weeks and has a lot of apps and games but it doesn’t have GPS and isn’t water-resistant it has a great camera and up to 50 different types of clock settings for visuals.
This model has a built-in GPS and is waterproof, with a battery life of up to 24 hours. It has classical Disney designs with a call feature, a good camera, and many features for protection and monitoring. Still, it requires a monthly subscription and is a bulky device, and the battery life isn’t very long.
It is a gizmo watch with highly exciting features. It is waterproof with a battery life of 1 year but doesn’t have GPS and has your kids’ favourite Marvel and Disney characters and has parental control and huge battery life, but kids can grow tired of the design, and the screen is not bright enough
10. Apple Watch SE
This one has GPS Inbuilt and is waterproof with a battery life 1 day and is suitable for kids or older ages like pre-teens and teens. It is a suitable device with a clear screen and fitness trackers, but it is expensive and has trouble connecting to Android phones.
This model is very reliable and waterproof, with a fantastic battery life of up to 1 year. It has excellent parental control features and many games and other apps. But more brands are needed if u want to get more games on the device. This smartwatch is also counted in gizmo watches with upgraded technology.
12. Xplora XGO2
This one has an Inbuilt GPS with a battery life of up to 3 days and is waterproof. It has a camera and two-way calls, along with many helpful features. Its instruction manual might seem unclear to most and this smartwatch is only suitable for younger kids.
13. Fitbit ACE
It has a fitness tracker, a waterproof body, and a long battery life of up to 5 days. You can easily be connected to your smartphone and it is economical, but the design isn’t ideal for a child. It is not hard to operate for kids of the respective ages, but one setback is that the names of contacts cannot be saved. They appear as contact 1 and contact 2 and not the names
14. Fitbit ACE 3
It has a fitness tracker that keeps you on your toes and is water-resistant. It has a long battery life of nearly 8 days and the straps are overall sound quality and comfortable. There aren’t a lot of games on this model, and the screen is black and white, not led.
It has calls and messages enabled on it. It is waterproof, has a battery life of up to 8 days, and has excellent GPS and parental control features. It is best in its business. It can be very useful in different ways. It is the cheapest smartwatch for kids to buy now.
Parent Safety Concerns:
Smartwatches are believed to emit electromagnetic radiation that can harm kids’ health and cause illnesses like migraines or headaches. Still, continuous exposure can sometimes cause severe effects like problems related to the reproductive system.
Most companies that manufacture smartwatches do not accept this research and call them false allegations. According to them, it is nothing but an attempt to damage their name in the markets all around the world.
How To Set Up GPS Smartwatches for Kids:
To set up GPS smartwatches for the kids, you need to follow the following steps given below:
- You need to download the GPS application on the parent’s smartphone from the app store and Bluetooth might need to be turned on to establish a connection. It does more than just fitness tracking for kids.
- The app you downloaded needs to be launched and you must register your devices and accounts.
- Search via Bluetooth for the smartwatch and then click on the name of the device you want to connect to and you’ll be connected.
After listing and discussing the pros and cons and all the related information, it is safe to assume that smartwatches are great devices for kids and teens that can be very helpful and convenient both for parents and children and can not only keep you in touch with your kids or parents but also provide many fun and useful features. What smartwatch is ideal for your kid depends on your needs, what features you want and how much you would like to spend on a device.
Smartwatches can be very positive for your kids to keep them entertained, keep you connected to them, and keep them in safe zones. Many companies manufacture and sell them, and they come in many different models, and anyone can find their preference with a bit of research.